Director of Client Management
3251 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111
J.D., University of Memphis School of Law
B.A., University of Tennessee, cum laude
Sherry Brooks is a Director of Client Management and is based in Counsel On Call’s Memphis office. In this role, she designs, implements and manages legal solutions for Counsel On Call clients across the country.
Before joining Counsel On Call, Sherry was a senior director, corporate government affairs at The ServiceMaster Company. There, she managed all regulatory and legislative activity impacting the company and its network of seven brands: Terminix, TruGreen, American Home Shield, ServiceMaster Clean, Merry Maids, AmeriSpec and FurnitureMedic.
Sherry worked for Terminix International Company for 10 years, serving first as corporate counsel for five years before being named general counsel. She is also a former deputy city attorney with the City of Memphis, Office of the City Attorney and assistant public defender with the Shelby County Government, Office of the Public Defender. She began her career at the boutique firm Arch Boyd & Associates.
A graduate of the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law (Memphis), Sherry is licensed to practice in Tennessee. Throughout her career, Sherry has been involved in the Memphis community through many associations including Memphis Area Legal Services, Greater Memphis Chamber, and the Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Introduction to the Legal Process – The Role of a Public Defender”
- “How to Avoid Burnout in the Practice of Law,” Memphis Bar Association, Wellness Committee
- “Navigating the Waters of E-Discovery,” Greater Memphis Paralegal Association
- “Managing Stress and the Practice of Law,” Association of Corporate Counsel
- “Lawyer Well-Being”, Memphis Bar Association and University of Memphis Law School Esquire Program
- “Career Progression”, Association of Corporate Counsel and Greater Cincinnati Minority Counsel
- “Corporate Pre-Trial Practice,” Memphis Bar Association, Bench Bar and Boardroom Conference
- “How to Become an In-House Counsel,” ABA Law Student Division Panel, University of Memphis School of Law
- Memphis Bar Association, Board Member, Former Co-Chair, Diversity Committee
- Fellow, Memphis Bar Foundation
- Leo Bearman Chapter of the Inns of Court, Barrister Member
- Memphis Area Legal Services, Access to Equal Justice campaign, Former Corporate Chairman
- Down Syndrome Association of Memphis & the Mid-South, Board Member, Vice President
- Special Kids & Families, Inc., Board Member