President, Strategic Accounts
690 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72712
J.D., Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, Editorial Board, Cumberland Law Review
B.A., Union University
Dennis McKinnie is the President of Strategic Accounts for Counsel On Call, a role in which he is responsible for the continued growth of the company and its service offerings and value proposition to clients.
Previously, Dennis served as Executive Director of Counsel On Call’s Atlanta office, where he designed, implemented and managed legal solutions for Counsel On Call clients across the country. He also directed and oversaw the office as well as operations in Boston, MA, and Charlotte, NC.
Prior to joining Counsel On Call, Dennis founded and served as a Managing Director of Contrado Partners, LLC, a management consulting firm located in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. He also participated in the founding of BridgeQuest, Inc., a software development firm. Immediately preceding the founding of Contrado Partners, Dennis was Senior Vice President/General Counsel of two publicly traded enterprise software companies. During his more than 20 years of law practice, he has served as Staff Counsel to the Supreme Court of the United States and was a part of the intellectual property litigation group of Powell Goldstein, LLP, in Atlanta.
Dennis is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Alabama. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Alabama Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association, the Lawyers Club, the National Association of Corporate Directors and is a former member of the Federal Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before most state and federal courts in Georgia and Alabama and is admitted before the Supreme Court of the United States. Dennis also serves on the Board of Directors of a number of private companies.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- “Managed Review Process, How to Reduce Cost While Delivering a Quality Product,” Panelist, Walmart Legal Discovery Conference
- The General Counsel Roundtable, panel on reducing and managing e-discovery costs
- MISSION:POSSIBLE | Successful Planning & Execution in the Discovery Process; Law.com Webinar with Coca-Cola Company, FedEx
- “The Budgeting Puzzle: Putting the Pieces Together” and “E-Discovery: Where Do I Start?” Moderator, Counsel On Call’s Discovery Symposium 2.0
- “LAWst in Transition – Navigating Your Way Through the Job Market in Today’s Economy,” Speaker, ACC Georgia Chapter
- “De-Dupe, Near Dupe and Being Duped: Software Decisions Good and Bad,” Moderator, Counsel On Call’s Discovery Symposium 1.0
- “Saving in E-Discovery,” Podcast for In-House Legal on LegalTalk Network