Director, Managed Services Division
Richard Stout is the Director of Counsel On Call's Managed Services Division, working closely with corporate legal department and law firm clients to develop cost conscious, repeatable and defensible review processes.
Founded in 2007 with Mr. Stout's leadership, Counsel On Call's E-Discovery Division focuses on improved quality and dramatic cost reduction during the discovery process. Mr. Stout's expertise lies in effective team assembly and design, providing protocols that allow law firm and corporate clients to efficiently supervise a matter and facilitating a documented process on which supervising attorneys can rely. This is accomplished in three main ways:
1. Use of experienced project managers, team leaders and discovery attorneys
2. Reduction of the amount of data to review
3. Expeditious review of the remaining documents
Mr. Stout’s management responsibilities focus on ensuring that review and quality control protocols are followed, maximizing the technology, and that overall review efficiency and effectiveness are achieved. All of the processes he designs and implements are rooted in a law firm’s or in-house department’s ability to seamlessly "direct and supervise" the review. On each of these fronts, he has developed proprietary e-discovery workflows, protocols and best practices for Counsel On Call’s E-Discovery Division.
Mr. Stout also conducts extensive due diligence and builds relationships with early case assessment, processing and review software providers, as Counsel On Call's E-Discovery Division is "technology neutral," or not tied to a particular tool. Because no two e-discovery matters are the same, this objectivity and knowledge ensures that Counsel On Call is available and equipped to work with (or recommend) any technology solution or hosting partner, and fit the right tool to the specific matter.
Mr. Stout began practicing as a commercial litigation associate with the law firms of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, and Caldwell, and later with Colbert and Winstead PLLC. He then served as Chief Operating Officer and Legal Counsel for a Nashville start-up company before practicing as a Counsel On Call attorney, managing litigation-related matters for two Fortune 100 companies.
Mr. Stout received his J.D. from Southern Methodist School of Law in Dallas, Texas, and his undergraduate degree from Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn.
Under the direction and supervision of the client attorney, Counsel On Call attorneys have worked on discovery matters for clients in a variety of industries, including:
• Financial Institutions
• Internet Service Provider
• Certified Litigation Support Professional
• Certified Attenex Trainer
• "eDiscovery Lab" with Clearwell, International Paper and FedEx, Panelist, July 2011
• "Search Validation + Intelligent Coding: Smartly Reducing Data Sets" Panelist, Discovery Symposium 3.0, May 2011
• "So You Have Received a Request for Electronically Stored Information: Now What?" Panelist, Harry Phillips American Inns of Court, April 2011
• "An E-Discovery Overview & Reducing the Costs of E-Discovery," CLE Presentation, E-Discovery & Ethics: They're Kind of a Big Deal, September 2010
• "E-Discovery Revisited: A Short Course on Managing Electronic Discovery Effectively, Efficiently and Ethically," TBA Federal Practice Section, May 2010
• "Software Experiences, Culling and Early Case Assessment," Panelist, Counsel On Call's Discovery Symposium 2.0, May 2010
• "De-Dupe, Near Dupe and Being Duped: Software Decisions Good and Bad," Panelist, Counsel On Call's Discovery Symposium 1.0, May 2009
• "Know Your Technology and Its Best Use"
• "What We Learned: Legal Tech NY 2013"
• "ECA Provides Bang For Your Buck"
• "Two Words for E-Discovery Savings: Less and Faster"
• "E-Discovery is Trust and Commitment"
• "The Spotlight Shines on Project Management"
• "It's Vital to Have an (E-Discovery) Architect"
• "Holding (E-Discovery) Hand in Public"
Counsel On Call is not a law firm and is not engaged in the practice of law.