Jay L. Brenner
Candidate Development Manager
3251 Poplar Avenue, Suite 115
Memphis, TN 38111
J.D., The University of Memphis School of Law
B.A., The University of Kansas
Jay L. Brenner is a candidate development manager in Counsel On Call’s Memphis and Chicago offices. He focuses on candidate selection and coordinates placement.
Prior to becoming candidate development manager, Mr. Brenner was a litigation attorney in Counsel On Call’s E-Discovery Division and served as team lead.
He is a former project manager and associate in the Business Litigation Unit of McCarter & English, LLP, in Wilmington, Del. and Philadelphia. He clerked and was an associate at The Wagerman Law Firm in Memphis.
A graduate of the University of Kansas (B.A. in political science) and the University of Memphis School of Law, he is licensed to practice in Tennessee.
• "An E-Discovery Overview," Counsel On Call, Dallas, November 2011
• "E-Discovery & Ethics: They're Kind of a Big Deal," Arkansas Bar Association, June 2011
• "Nontraditional Careers in the Law," University of Memphis School of Law, April 2011
• "Trends in Hiring Paralegals and Legal Assistants," Greater Memphis Paralegal Alliance, February 2011
• "What Fun it is to Laugh and Sing & Discuss Conflicts of Interest and Imputed Disqualification: Ethics for Contract Attorneys," CLE Presentation, Oh what fun ... Counsel On Call's Holiday CLE, December 2010
• "The Illusion of Balance," Lawdable, April 2013
• "What is the hardest obstacle to overcome to institute a paperless legal office?" Memphis Business Journal, Dec. 2010
• Memphis Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Wellness Committee
• Tennessee Bar Association
Counsel On Call (“COC”) is not a law firm and its attorneys work solely at the direction of, and under the supervision of, counsel in the matter for which it has been retained. The information contained within these materials is not intended to constitute, and should not be construed as, legal representation or advice. COC is not sponsored by or affiliated with any law firm.