Jane H. Allen
Chief Executive Officer
112 Westwood Place, Suite 350
Brentwood, TN 37027
J.D., University of Kentucky, Editor, Kentucky Law Review
B.A., University of South Florida
Speaking Engagements | Publications | Memberships | Community Involvement
Jane H. Allen is the Chief Executive Officer of Counsel On Call, a role in which she leads the development of the company, works closely on the career path and lifestyle offered to Counsel On Call attorneys, and consults with senior in-house attorneys and law firm partners on how to effectively manage legal work and expenses.
Since 2000 and under Ms. Allen's leadership, Counsel On Call has been named to the Inc. magazine list of the 500 fastest-growing, privately held companies in the U.S. three times and has grown to become the leading "new model" legal services provider. The company currently has offices across the country and three Managed Services Centers (Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville).
Prior to starting Counsel On Call, Ms. Allen practiced employment law and commercial litigation with the law firm of Trauger & Tuke (formerly Doramus, Trauger & Ney) in Nashville, Tenn. She also practiced law and managed a regional office for the Kentucky law firm of Sheffer, Hoffman, Thomason & Morton.
She is a 1991 graduate of the University of Kentucky School of Law, where she served as executive editor of the Kentucky Law Journal. Upon graduation from law school, she served as clerk to the Honorable Edward H. Johnstone, United States District Judge for the Western Division of Kentucky.
Ms. Allen is a past recipient of the prestigious Nashville Business Journal "Entrepreneur of the Year" award, and Counsel On Call has received many local, regional and national awards. She has been a featured speaker nationally on various business strategies, new legal models, e-discovery, leadership issues, effective hiring and interviewing techniques, trends within the legal profession, and work-life balance.
Ms. Allen also serves on Counsel On Call's board of directors.
• "You Want Us to Do What? With Who? Supporting a Growing Business Without Adding Bodies," Association of Corporate Counsel, Wisconsin Chapter, Annual Chapter Conference and Meeting of Members, Panelist, May 2012
• "New Legal Models," Project for Attorney Retention Annual Conference, Panelist, March 2011
• Discovery Symposium 1.0, "Budgeting for E-Discovery," Panelist
• Better Bootstrap
• "How a Legal Department Can Cut 20%," Podcast, LegalTalk Network
• "Alternative Job Opportunities," University of Kentucky Law School
• Woman's Club, New Horizons Department
• MCCA Pathways to Diversity Conference, 2008
• Vanguard Health, management training
• 12@12 business series, Nashville Chamber of Commerce
• Future 50 Companies Gala Dinner, Nashville Chamber of Commerce
• "Discovery vs. Document Review Is Value vs. Cost," Lawdable, August 2010
• "A Valuable Attorney: The Meaning is Changing," Lawdable, October 2009
• "Legal Expenditures, Value and the Three-Legged Stool Approach," Lawdable, July 2009
• "How E-Discovery Has Helped Legitimize Contract Work," Lawdable, April 2009
• "DNA Fingerprinting, Evidence of the Future," Kentucky Law Journal 79 K.L.J. 415 (1990-1991)
• "Creating a Financial Impact as a CEO" Driving Company Growth Series, Aspatore Books, 2004
• Nashville Bar Association
• Tennessee Bar Association, Corporate Council Section Executive Committee
• Atlanta Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Lawyers Association for Women
• Society of Human Resource Management
• ABA Law Firm Practice Management Committee
• Red Cross Tiffany Circle
Counsel On Call (“COC”) is not a law firm and its attorneys work solely at the direction of, and under the supervision of, counsel in the matter for which it has been retained. The information contained within these materials is not intended to constitute, and should not be construed as, legal representation or advice. COC is not sponsored by or affiliated with any law firm.