3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30326
Dennis McKinnie is the President of Counsel On Call, a role in which he is responsible for the continued growth of the company and its service offerings and value proposition to clients.
Previously, McKinnie served as Executive Director of Counsel On Call's Atlanta office, where he designed, implemented and managed legal solutions for Counsel On Call clients across the country. He also directed and oversaw the office as well as operations in Boston, Mass. and Charlotte, N.C.
Prior to joining Counsel On Call, Mr. McKinnie founded and served as a Managing Director of Contrado Partners, LLC, a management consulting firm located in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. He also participated in the founding of BridgeQuest, Inc., a software development firm. Immediately preceding the founding of Contrado Partners, Mr. McKinnie was Senior Vice President, General Counsel of two publicly traded enterprise software companies. During his more than 20 years of law practice, Mr. McKinnie has served as Staff Counsel to the Supreme Court of the United States and was a part of the intellectual property litigation group of Powell Goldstein, LLP, in Atlanta.
Mr. McKinnie is licensed to practice law in Georgia and Alabama. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Alabama Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association, the Lawyers Club, the National Association of Corporate Directors and is a former member of the Federal Bar Association. He is admitted to practice before most state and federal courts in Georgia and Alabama and is admitted before the Supreme Court of the United States. He serves on the board of directors of a number of private companies.
• "Managed Review Process, How to Reduce Cost While Delivering a Quality Product," Panelist, Walmart Legal Discovery Conference, August 2012
• The General Counsel Roundtable, panel on reducing and managing e-discovery costs, February 2011
• MISSION:POSSIBLE | Successful Planning & Execution in the Discovery Process; Law.com Webinar with Coca-Cola Company, FedEx; November 2010; Listen On Demand »
• "The Budgeting Puzzle: Putting the Pieces Together" and "E-Discovery: Where Do I Start?" Moderator, Counsel On Call's Discovery Symposium 2.0, May 2010
• "LAWst in Transition – Navigating Your Way Through the Job Market in Today’s Economy," Speaker, ACC Georgia Chapter, May 2009
• "De-Dupe, Near Dupe and Being Duped: Software Decisions Good and Bad," Moderator, Counsel On Call's Discovery Symposium 1.0, May 2009
• "Saving in E-Discovery," Podcast for In-House Legal on LegalTalk Network, March 2009
Some of Dennis's blog posts on Lawdable:
• "In-House Departments Won't 'Double Dip'"
• "Efficiency v. Effectiveness v. Innovation: Why Draw Lines?"
• "Legal Savings Needed – STAT!"
• "A Lawsuit Delayed is a Dollar Saved"
• "Is 'Project Manager' the Next Big Job Title?"
• State Bar of Georgia
• Alabama Bar Association
• National Association of Corporate Directors Lawyers Club
Counsel On Call is not a law firm and is not engaged in the practice of law.